Ah, the joy of teaching your child something. Life with a baby is more and more fun as she interacts with us every day. Since Lailey was a little bitty newborn, whenever she would stretch her arms above her head, I would say "Praaaaaaaaise Jesus!" It became a fun little habit. Well, last week sometime whenever she put her arms up in the air and I said it, she started doing it again and smiling. I was thrilled. My favorite part is that she cocks her head to the side and gives this cute proud smile because she's figured something out. By the way, in the video, I wasn't raising my arms at all; she did it all by herself.
You know, having her imitate something is quite an eye-opener. As any parent of a toddler will tell you, it's quite convicting having a little person repeat things you say. You really get a glimpse of your words and attitudes. Well, we're not to the toddler stage, but I guess I tend to think ahead. We try to keep our words and attitudes in check now so we're not backtracking later. Of course, we'll make a zillion mistakes, but that's why it must be a daily activity of prayer and self-control.
This was from my birthday dinner in October, but I love the picture so I posted it.
She kept putting her feet on the table and it was so funny.
Sound asleep after a car ride home
Enjoying her new afghan from Great Aunt Carla
Grandpa with his grandkids
I have a picture of me like this when I was little which I will have to find.
Funny kid
Hanging out in her play pen
2 comments:
She's so cute. Love the blocks on her head!
love the video- so adorable and sweet!
Post a Comment